Tuesday, March 19, 2013

CERRITOS COLLEGE INTERVIEW WITH PROFESSOR JEFFERY RIGBY

Tomorrow I will be interviewing the cultural anthropology professor at Cerritos College about the upcoming trip to Japan in the spring of 2014. I am really excited to get this interview because I have been very interested in joining the group and since it is open to anyone it will be a great way to get people involved. 

Professor Rigby has been all around the world and every day he has a story he hasn't told his class about an adventure he has been on in a different country. He calls himself the "Gentle Giant" and makes his students feel safe in even sometimes dangerous situations they might be in. 

He has been to countries like...

The Trobriand Islands

South Africa

Brazil & the Amazon 

Papa New Guine 

Peru

Those are just a few of possibly dozens of country's he has been in. I will be asking him questions of when, where, why, and how students can afford to travel abroad in the safest, friendliest, and cheapest environment. Ask for more information about his upcoming trip to Japan, and possibly the scariest situation he has been in while traveling and studying as a Cultural Anthropologist. 

IN OTHER NEWS...VOICE RECORDING ANNOUNCED TODAY

Today we reviewed everyone's recordings and we heard some great reviews and some that perhaps needed a little more practice. Everyone did a great job overall and I felt a little better knowing I was not the only nervous nanny in the bunch. A felt like I had a bigger advantage over my peers because I chose to record everything in class. I was really embarrassed but because my recording was done with a nice recorder I had the clearest sounding voice. 

Although, my podcast was not the best. There were a lot of errors in it. For instance, I spoke too much in the beginning and introduced too much of what was going to be played rather than just letting it flow more. Professor Cameron liked that I gave a historical background of Stevie Ray Vaughn but perhaps it could have been broken up a little better with more music. Although I did have long intervals of music, it should have been edited better. 

With more practice and with my second chance to do an interview with Professor Rigby, I think I will rock it! I am very excited to see how my interview turns out with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment