Thursday, February 14, 2013

Piktochart

TELLING A STORY THROUGH PICTURES AND STATS AKA PIKTOCHART DOT COM

I know I've already made a blog discussing the piktochart and the best ways to describe its usage out of it, but I did not finish it.
This is a simple, short blog today. My piktochart is on Diabetes in the U.S. You can find out more information about diabetes on the two websites I got all of my usful information from here and here.

DIABETES,CERRITOS COLLEGE STUDENTS & STAFF
Diabetes is an American Epidemic and we should all be more aware of it. Anyone is suseptible to Type 2 Diabetes and should always try to live a healthy lifestyle.
I'm sure everyone who attends school at Cerritos College is aware of all the food outlets we have available.

Although, a lot of us are new students (such as myself) and we may not know of some great food outlets that are right here on campus and discounts available off campus. Such as STACKED. Which I discussed in an earlier blog. To recieve more information reguarding STACKED please visit my earlier blog here

There are some great food outlets here at Cerritos College, although, maybe not the healiest. Stress causes a big percentage of people to eat unhealthy food as a way to outlet their stress. Another great way to relieve that stress and stay healthy is excerise and eating right.

What exactly do I mean by eating right? Well, chosing what you want to snack on can be a start to a healthier lifestyle. Don't believe in diet? Me either. No need to stress yourself out more by conciously deciding what to eat and drink.
For example, if I feel like a cup of coffee and a muffin in the morning I eat it!
Maybe for a later breakfast when I get home I have boiled eggs and yogart.
Hungry for a snack?

The Elbow Room in between the Social Science Building and Liberal Arts is a great way to get a snack on the go or a quick meal inbetween classes. They have plenty of healthy items as well as yummy treats. Another great way to get your daily excerise even if you're at school all day, walking up the stairs and skipping the elevator. Power walking to class! It may sound silly but most of us barely make it in time anyways so we may be already doing it.

The last thing students and teachers alike should be worrying about is the amount of sugar they are taking in and worrying about their high blood sugar. That can be a major stress triggar in itself.

Stay happy and healthy everyone! Heres my piktochart on Diabetes.



1 comment: