Tuesday, April 30, 2013

CULINARY ARTS VIDEO & FINAL PROJECT

Its about that time. The end of the semester and our final project is here! I can't believe its almost done. Unfortunately our culinary arts video did not turn out the way my group and I were hoping for.

After we finished interviewing Chef Pierini and started importing our video onto iMovie we noticed that the student who previously used our camera did not erase footage they previously recorded. 

Almost 15 minutes of our 25 minute video was completely unusable and destroyed. This was the heart of our interview that was completely gone. So, we had to use what we could with what we got. With a frustrating few days ahead of us we got it done and to be honest, it was not too bad. There are some awkward pauses and some bad editing on our part and due in part to the poor quality of the video but in spite of our challenges we got it done and within the time frame that Mr. Cameron wanted it to be. 

                     CULINARY ARTS & CHEF MICHAEL PIERINI 


FINAL PROJECT: TALON MARKS REPORTER & MULTIMEDIA REPORTER 

Our final project for the semester will be working with a student from a different class. We will be working with the Talon Marks reporter from the newspaper class on a feature story for the end of the semester. It is a really nice bow tie finish for this class. Next semester I will be in the Talon Marks Newspaper so this will give me a taste of what I will be getting myself into. 

I am not sure who the reporter is that I will be working with but I will be working on a feature story of the Art Department at Cerritos College. I will be bringing a Multimedia perspective to his story in the paper. I am thinking of a slide show video for this project so that we can feature every artist in the department without having to cut anyone out. 

Perhaps we can interview an instructor and a student who will be graduating or transferring to an Art Institute or University pursuing an art degree. Feature their work and it can give me the creative outlook I have been craving all semester to do. 

More updates to come on this project. 

SLIDESHOW PROJECT 

I apologize for the delay but I never put my final slideshow project up to see. I have to say I am particularly proud of this turnout for this slide show. I hope you find Pedro's story as powerful and moving as I do. 

                                              MEET PEDRO THE LABOR DAY WORKER

                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment