Wednesday, April 3, 2013

RECORDED INTERVIEW PROJECT: TALKS WITH ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND SHELTER COUNCILOR

Today was the most rewarding day I have had in all my life. I always knew no matter what I wanted to do with my life I always wanted to help people. Yesterday, we were given an assignment to go out and interview someone with an interesting job. My team and I had a few ideas. 

I immediately thought of something that I have always wanted to do. Since I can remember I have always wanted to interview and talk with illegal immigrants and tell there story. Ask questions that maybe no one has asked in the past. 

Another idea of someone to interview came from a personal past. I work across the street from a shelter called "The friendship Shelter" and in a previous attempt to help a loved one get into the shelter I talked to the leading psychologist. She was kind, clam, and very kind. I would have loved the chance to get to talk to her more and to interview her about her daily life and her life. 

Our third idea was going to an elderly community and getting someones story. There are a lot of elderly people that have an amazing story to tell. Some people have lived somewhat normal lives and gone through normal struggle. But theres always one person, a veteran, a detective, a firefighter, an activist, living out their days and no one knowing what they have gone though. I would love to tell their story. 

So, today we got two out of our three interviews done. We talked with a man who wanted to be anonymous because he was an undocumented worker. His life story was tragic and heartbreaking. Something that will be edited and heard for people to know the struggle most of these people endure everyday. 

The second interview my group and I were able to interview a woman who was a counselor for a homeless shelter for homeless adults. We asked her what compelled her to help people and the stories and amount of people she has helped. Her job was hard but rewarding and she truly felt that she was making a big difference peoples lives but most of all, her life. 

There is a lot more to come after this. Expect updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment